A GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) is established to increase the credit flow to certain areas of the US economy. They help to facilitate borrowing for all sorts of people, and issue both short and long term bonds backed by the U.S. government. At Mizar, we can help connect you with financing through a GSE if this lending option is best suited for you and you meet the requirements.
The SBA (Small Business Administration) was established to ensure small businesses have access to business loans when they need them. They don’t lend money directly, but they set certain loan/lending guidelines for lenders and financial institutions who partner with them. The SBA in turn reduces any risk for those partnering lenders and makes it easier for them to access capital.
SBA loans come in two main types - here’s a brief overview:
SBA 504 Loan Programs
- Used as long-term financing tool for economic development within the community
- Aids small businesses in need of brick-and-mortar financing with long-term, fixed-rate financing to acquire commercial real estate
- Facilitated through private sector, non-profit Certified Development Companies (CDCs), who help to build economic growth in their respective community
SBA 7(a) Loan Programs
- Common and popular
- Used to purchase or refinance on commercial real estate
- Combined with a commercial real estate loan and using funds for working capital, machinery, equipment, furniture, and fixtures may be considered by LCC
Our experts are well versed in SBA loans and will help you navigate through the options available, as well as help you get funded through the SBA as quickly as possible.
Are you a farmer or rancher in need of capital?
The USDA (US Department of Agriculture) provides low interest loans to beginning farmers and ranchers who aren’t able to get funded with commercial credit sources, and whose business is in a rural area. We’ve worked with many local farmers and ranchers in helping them secure the funding they need through the USDA.
Please be aware that Mizar Commercial is not affiliated with or acting on behalf of or at the direction of FHA, VA, USDA or the Federal Government.